Its amazing how quickly this story was pushed from the front pages. An act of war is so easily dismissed is distressing. Latest reports from the survives of the sinking state that an onboard explosion did NOT take place. They also state categorically that they did not strike an underwater rock or mine. It makes one wonder exactly what is being embargoed from news reports. This from ASDNews.com...
A mystery explosion tore the 1,200-tonne corvette in half in the Yellow Sea Friday night near the tense disputed border with North Korea, in one of the country's worst sea disasters.
Rescuers said most of the missing would have been in the stern section, which drivers reached Monday. There had been speculation some may have survived in air pockets in watertight compartments.
"Our navy divers knocked on the stern with hammers in the afternoon, but so far there is no response from the inside," defence ministry spokesman Won Tae-Jae told a briefing.
"We have not found any survivors until now."
by Shaun Tandon
(c) 2010 AFP