Great, short vid on Bold Alligator. I'm pleased to see how mechanized the French forces are. They appear to have put on the ground a pretty credible ground force.
A couple of thoughts.
1. Really pissed at a certain Marine General. Time for him to retire or transfer full time to SOCOM.
2. Speaking of SOCOM. I'm a bit tired of that outfit crowding its way into every exercise whether specific to them or not. This was suppose to be about revitalizing LARGE scale amphibious operations. If those boys are so stressed by operational tempo then let them get some rest. Them being at this exercise is not warranted in my opinion.
3. Speaking of camp followers and glory hounds, I'm a bit peeved at some of the actions I've seen here. The Commodore of Riverine Force inserting himself into the scenarios? Not bloody likely and an ego trip if I ever saw one. Pathetic.
4. Gotta repeat myself here. The French came to play. The Brits, Australians and Dutch can be excused for smaller contingents...Cobra Gold is going on in the Pacific and The Brits and Dutch have something going on way up in the waters of northern Europe.
5. Congressional Aides showed up and of course they're getting the royal treatment. When we were warned about the defense industrial complex, he forgot to mention that elected officials and their minions would see the military as a play thing. Rolling out the red carpet for these legalized hoodlums reinforces their sense of entitlement.
We're at the halfway point of this exercise and more is to come.